Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 92 Golden Rule?

This weekend I think my children may have spent too much time together.  Lydia and Austin were having a bit of an argument so I sat them down and reminded them of the golden rule. Lydia interrupted me and said I know the golden rule.  "If someone is mean to you you have to be mean back to them." That's why I can hit Austin if he hits me.  I gently corrected her but she reassured me that being mean back when someone is mean to you is what the golden rule is.  I asked her where she learned this she said her teacher told it to her at school.   Oops I think she got it a little backwards.  We tried to correct her several times but she is positive that is the golden rule.  Family Home Evening will be a great opportunity to reteach learn and help change behavior.  Wow maybe she has missunderstood me so many times that what she is doing is doing what she thinks is right but it is wrong. We have so much to learn.

No comments: