Tuesday, April 17, 2012

108 Visiting School

Today I went with Lydia to school.  I wanted to observe her to see if she has seizures at school.  I stayed for half of the day and  watched how she interacts with other classmates, teachers and how she learns.  I learned a lot about Lydia as I watched.  She raises her hand and does exactly what the teacher asks.  She is persistent at raising her hand even when her teacher doesn't notice for a long time.  She is quite and somewhat shy among her peers.   She tried so hard to complete her seat work for language arts during an episode of clustered seizures.  As I was watching her I was almost in tears she would have it figured out what to do but then she would have a seizure and have to start all over again figuring it out.  She couldn't finish the assignment because she had spent a good ten minutes with this cluster of seizures.  It's like she blacks out for small moments her hands and arms flail out and her eyes twitter and then she's back, but she can't remember her thoughts right before it happens. I am sure this is affecting her performance and learning in school.  May 21st is the big day we go see the neurologist.  Hopefully we will get some answers.   I enjoyed eating lunch with her and then I returned home.  Later in the week I hope to see what an afternoon is like for her.  I'm wondering if she has more seizures in the afternoon when she is tired.  I love Lydia and pray that we are able to find out what is wrong and how we can help her.  She is truly a joy in our lives.  The Lord will help us to do the best thing for her. 

No comments: