Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 121 BYU Idaho



I have been thinking about this blog and all the boring family events I talk about.   I'm sure that each week I talk about Family Home Evening, Church activities, friends that come over, food, weight loss, and at times my personal mental moments.  I have no fore thought about what to write about so it is whatever comes to my mind about the day.  I'm going to change my format a little and try to write about one particular event that happened in the day.  This will give me something to look for and focus on in the day.  Maybe it will be a child or something.

Today I am going to focus on Emily because in a few months she will be leaving and going off to college.  I have those same feelings that I felt when Jessica's senior year was coming to a close.  The feelings of letting go and wandering if we have taught her everything she needs to move on.  Emily is not a big decision maker.  It's hard for her to make the decision but if someone will tell her what to do she will do what you tell her to.  She did after a lot of coaching sign up for housing at BYU Idaho.  So there is a decision made she will be going to BYU Idaho this coming year.  I'm very excited for her and the upcoming experiences she will be having. It was a hard to choice to make between Virginia Tech and BYU Idaho.  Her housing will be off campus.  She is excited and scared at the same time.  We are happy that Jessy will be near by to help her figure out college life.  It is strange to think of both of my oldest gone away to college.  I guess onward and upward in their lives, but for the summer they are mine for just a little longer!

No comments: