Thursday, April 19, 2012

110

This morning Austin got up bright and early and went on a field trip to Gettysburg.  He has been talking about this field trip for at least a month.  In the reenactment he was the flag carrier, so he was killed early in the battle.  He liked the bus tour of the battlefield.  He can tell you tons of trivia about the battle of Gettysburg.  It was a wonderful opportunity for the 6th graders to get to travel 3 hours to such an important battle field and see where Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettysburg address.
   Bill has a new hobby to do in his free time.  I think this is so cool it will become my new hobby if I can figure out the software.  He purchased a vinyl cutter!  You can make signs that go on your walls or on cars or windows.  They can go about anywhere!  I am sure you have seen them around.  Here is one we designed with a quote from the movie Forever Strong.  I thought it would be a great reminder to the kids as they leave the house.  The picture isn't great but the sign is.  I've seen scriptures done and sayings of all sorts.  So if you think of a quote or something you want on your wall let me know.  We are still learning.  The thing is when you are tired of it you can take it off without ruining your paint and it's like it was never there before.  Love it!  Oh yea Bill doesn't have free time so I have to figure out the software fast!  I can't wait to do one in the kitchen.!

 Austin and Jason had a cinnamon eating contest.  I don't think they realized what a hot dry spice cinnamon can be when you eat a teaspoon of it straight without anything else.  They both had big baby tears after they ate it.  See their crinkled up faces.  Such a crazy challenge.

No comments: