Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 122 Procrastination

 Today Willy finished writing his paper on the community service he did for his social studies class.  It was a few weeks ago that he completed the service part.  He mowed and trimmed Sister Hickman's yard and then he worked at the Baldwin School beautification day.  He really enjoyed the outdoor work, but waited until today, the day before the assignment was due to complete the written portion of the work.  Willy is a true procrastinator when it comes to something he doesn't like to do.  Willy makes me a little crazy because I cannot figure out how to help him not do this.   I hope that he will learn this important lesson as he enters high school.  Because of his poor choice of waiting until the last minute he missed mutual again.  I wasn't going to let him stay up until midnight to finish because I didn't want to stay up.  He did finish and the project was done completely.  Willy is an awesome kid with so much potential and skill.  I am grateful for Willy!  He makes me laugh and smile.  I know that as he grows up he will understand and learn from the experiences he has had especially in the area of procrastination. 

No comments: