Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 152 EEG

Lydia all wired up trying to fall asleep for her EEG.
Today Bill and I took Lydia in for her EEG.  The traffic was terrible so we were 30 minutes late.  Even though we had left an hour and a half early to get to an appointment less then 20 miles away.  I'm just so glad they accommodated us any way.  They hooked Lydia up with wires on different places on her head and had her try to go to sleep.  Which she didn't ever do.  They put strobe lights in her face and made weird sounds to see if they could get her to have a seizure.  I'm not sure if she had any but from my point of observation she did not.  I asked the technician if she had detected any from the brain waves on the monitor and she told me that I would have to talk to the physician in 5-7 business days.  Not too helpful but I am hoping that we can find out more.

It has been really odd lately I haven't seen Lydia have seizures for a while in fact since she had strep throat and she had antibiotics. I am wondering if there is a connection or what is going on with her.  Or in fact is this a miracle.  I will be contacting the doctor.  I am sure she will think I am a little crazy but ......

No comments: