Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 137 One Car

We are running on the forth day with only one car.  Somehow I have managed driving kids to and from Seminary and Bill to work.  After school to swim lessons, mutual, pick up Bill from work, grocery shopping and everything else.  Because the van is broken down and the little blue car is a stick it leaves Bill and I the only drivers.  This is nice in some ways like I can't fit everyone in the family in the car thus less fighting,  I get moments of peace while driving because no one wants to ride in the little car.  These break times are precious and sometimes I will leave early just to steal a few more moments of peace.  But there is so much more to do than drive and others need times of solitude.  However, I'll remember to let Bill take the van to work so that I have a fun diversion, driving like a race car driver, changing from gear to gear quickly, grinding, and hopping the car, because keeping in practice is important when you are driving a stick!  We dropped off the van tonight to get fixed tomorrow.  Hopefully it won't be a 1000 dollar repair.

I took Lydia and Austin to the Doctors.  They both have strep throat.  So they are receiving Amoxicilin.  One more day at home and then back to school for them..  Hopefully no one else will get it!

No comments: