Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 125 Prom

Hi guys, This is Emily Ward.  I thought I would tell you about my Senior Prom.

First of all let me give you all a cliff hanger and say that my date and I were nominated for Prom Queen and King by all of my friends.  (Ill let you know the answer at the end)

This was my first school prom EVER!  The theme for the night was Ocean Oasis.  The decorations consisted of blue balloons.  

It was a great night.  I went with my boyfriend Jason and we were part of a group of 14.  We took pictures at the Hylton Preforming Arts Center at George Mason University.  Afterwards we went to Columbus Grill for dinner.  They serve excellent food!!!! I had lemon basil chicken pasta, while many others had variation of seafood.  Very TASTY!! I was able to eat my entire dish while my date, a high school football captain, could not finish his.    Hehehe!

The dance was great.  My date looked adorable!!! 
Everyone was all fancied up, and despite the fact that very few dresses were modest, the evening was quite fun.  
All of the beautiful Ladies!

Near the end of the night the DJ called all the nominees to the center of the floor.  After forcing my way through the crowd, because no one knew who I was, I made it to the center of the floor.  My heart had never beaten so fast and my legs have never shaken so much!  Unfortunately, but fortunately as well, we did not win Prom King and Queen.  After the king and queen were announced the dance floor cleared up and the last few dances were a blast with all the room that we wanted to dance.  It was an Awesome night!!!   

For my first prom ever, it was a pretty amazing night, Thanks to a wonderful guy and a bunch of wonderful friends!  



-Em

No comments: