Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 138 Walk

The beautiful sounds and smells of spring lured Bill and me out of doors for a walk around old town.  We walked for an hour or so just enjoying the smells of honeysuckle and newly mowed yards.  The cool breezes and colors of the setting sun were calming.  We chatted about dreams about work and about the up coming marriage of a nephew.  Bill is such a wonderful friend to share my feelings with, and about my concerns about the children.  I love to hear about his up coming presentations at work, and I love how he asks me my opinion about them.  He really asks about my ideas because it matters to him, not because he just wants to make small talk.  I'm glad that he listens to me about how I'm trying to find the new me and what I should do with the rest of my life.  It was wonderful to walk and talk like old friends.  It just felt so good to open our hearts to each other it's just been a while since we've been so open.

No comments: