Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 153

It's been six months since I began my weight loss journey.  Hear are the top 6 things I have learned and am trying to consistently do so that they become a habit.
1.  Try new foods Fruits Vegetables and Whole Grains.  This keeps me out of the boring food cycle.
2.   Fill half of my plate with fruits and vegetables, a quarter with protein, and a quarter with a whole grain.  This helps keep everything in balance
3.Use smaller plates.  This tricks the mind that the servings are larger, but they are actually an appropriate size.
4. Have a treat sometimes. It helps me feel like I'm not on a diet but rather changing my life habits.
5. Give myself a break if I have something that may not have been the best choice I know that it won't make or break me.  That I can move on and make better choices later in the day.
6.  Keep active.  I found that I love a water fitness class.  I also love the me time I have away from the house and the kids.  I always work hard in class because it is for me and I love the feeling of giving my best to me.

I am about half way to goal so I have more to do.  I think of the 40 lbs I have lost and I know that I can continue on.  So here it is a commitment to working hard and learning more and making better food choices!

I have been able to keep one other commitment that I started six months ago that of writing this blog every day.  It may not have been written exactly on the day but this is the first year in my married life where I have written a journal about our happenings.  I give myself a huge pat on the back for sharing our life with you!

No comments: