Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Drives



This afternoon Bill asked, "Where would you like to go for a drive." A memory flooded my mind from many past Sunday afternoons and I replied, " I want to go over the river to grandma's house to watch Disney World and eat popcorn with the cousins" I truly wish I could recreate those wonderful Sunday evenings at Grandma Christenson's house and visit with my cousins and watch grandma pop the corn over the stove in the kettle. I can still see grandma poping the corn and making carmel to go over it. We always had so much fun with all those cousins in grandmas small house with the gigantic yard and garden.

Well, since I couldn't bring all that back, in reality we took a ride to a nearby park. The kids watched a movie in the car and I took pictures of the beautiful day as the sun was about to set. It was gorgeous as the sun danced off of the snow. It's days like today that I love the beauty of Virginia in the winter time.










No comments: