Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rhyming, Games and Finger Jello



This past week Bill has worked until after midnight so I had fun with the kids in the evenings. Down by the Bay where the Watermelons grow back to my home I dare not go for if I do my mother will say have you ever seen whale with a polka dot tail.... This was Lydia's favorite rhyme. On Monday at the dinner table we had so much fun thinking of rhymes to go with this silly song. We laughed so loud about a bear combing his hair, a bee with a sunburned knee and then Lydia would chime in again about the whale with the polka dot tail. we giggled until our sides hurt and we had tears in our eyes. We didn't want to leave the table.




On Tuesday and Wednesday after the dishes were done we pulled out a game we got for Christmas called Yamslam. Lydia can even play it without help so now she has a new favorite game. It's great!!! I must admit I'm learning alot about my kids. None of them are very competitive. They like to help each other win. They will help each other get the higher points and they want the other person to do well.



Banana Grams was the game for this evening. Making your own crossword puzzles. You have to know how to spell so this is was tough most of us. We Wards don't spell all that well. But its cool because it's a challenge to make big words. For a cool desert the kids made finger Jello ( fingers the choice of utensil). We had fun with the red stuff and not a single spoon was used. Awesome week. We missed Bill he would have just made it funnier!!!!!!

No comments: