Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thoughts of Thankfulness


Today Lydia came home from school with this beautiful Easter bonnet she made in art! She looks so Springy. She is always so happy and adds to the joy I feel each day. All of the kids add to my joy! Bill is in the center he is my best friend. I'm so grateful for them for they have taught me what it must be like to live with God. Oh the peace the gospel brings. For I know that He lives.

The other day as Bill and I were driving I had this over whelming feeling of gratitude. I couldn't help but see all the things that are around me and be thankful for all the little things that really do matter. I felt gratitude for a home, for food, for children, for health, for a place to sleep. At the same time I felt saddened by the tumult in the world for those effected by the earthquakes, tsunami, war, and family problems. I actually wept knowing that the last days are here and that we too will have wars here in this land. That there may be a time when spring flowers will not bud, and that food will not be plentiful, and water may not be clean, and children may not have a childhood. My thoughts returned to ones of gratitude for this renewing season and life. I felt peace in my soul, and I recommitted to do whatever the Lord would have me do because of the many blessings I enjoy each day! Thank you for the beauty in nature, for family, for the gospel of peace, for guidance, for love, for abilities, and so much more. I realize these blessing are from above. Please help me to share with others.


No comments: