Thursday, March 3, 2011

Painting

In October I began a home improvement project I removed all of the kitchen cabinet doors and hardware. I cleaned, sanded, painted, sanded painted, sanded, painted, sanded, Well you get the picture. I put the last coat of poly on them and then proceeded to do the same process on the cabinet frames. I replaced the hinges and knobs with some darkened copperish knobs and hinges that really stand out on the freshly refurbished white doors. We rehung them just before Christmas time. We put up a beautiful tin tile textured back splash that has the same colors in it as the new sink faucet. The kitchen has only been lacking ( for this phase) the walls being painted. Due to other more urgent things I have not been able to get back to getting this done, so yesterday I decided that I had enough time to prime all the walls to get rid of the green. Today I'm going to concentrate on painting the walls this most amazing color called morning Sunrise. It's a orange golden color. I am counting on it to tie everything together. I'm excited to get this going. Tomorrow I hope to post before and after pictures of my kitchen. I then will have to save my cash for the next phase which is new flooring. Big dreams little cash flow for this. So I have been saving my baby sitting money. Hopefully I can snag some of the t-shirt business money to put in the floor. Well enough on with the painting!!!!

No comments: