Sunday, March 13, 2011

Jessy's Going to Live Where?


Interesting how growing up is physically natural but as parents we say things like "Will you stop growing." You can't get any taller." "Couldn't you just stay this age forever?" You are the perfect size." Like we can do anything about it. Even though at times we may say "Can't they get over this stage?" "Will we ever see them through potty training?" At least while their small they don't talk back like they will when they are teenagers." When will they get big enough to pick up their own toys." "I can't wait until......." I haven't been a perfect mom and I have wished away some of the stages of growing up for some of my children. And during some of the stages I was so busy that I didn't capture what they were going through. Now we have hit a new stage for our oldest daughter.


Jessica is getting ready for college. We are excited and hesitant as she turns this new chapter in her life. The chapter of leaving home, seeing what she can give the world, doing things on her own. Getting ready for college is a an adventure. From the applications to the acceptance letters, and now where will I live? Jessica and I sat at the kitchen table and discussed how far away from campus? where are most of your classes? Do you want to cook? We looked at Google maps. Tried to put into perspective the college experience and then make an educated guess as to what we thought would be the best place for Jessica to live. It's so cool now to sign up for housing at BYU I. You can sign up even to which bed you want. Jessica and I had a great time looking at all the options, Jessica's decision is to live in the Dorms Kerr Hall. She opted to live on the bottom floor and wanted to live with no one she knew. We signed a contract and found out she has roommates from New York, Minnesota, and Utah. Now we all hope it works out to be a pleasant experience for all involved. She can't wait to leave and I still wish she didn't have to grow up!!!

No comments: