Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rainy Days



Where does all the water go? It rained hard for most of the day. It's like someone left the garden hose on full blast for more than twelve hours. The water lies in pools all over the yard the little stream from the backyard to the front yard and then out to the street protects the basement from getting flooded. How beautiful that is to me. Every time it rains so hard I think about how grateful I am that it never rained like this in Idaho. Because I cleaned up floods in that basement without so much heavy rain. Oh I can see those experiences flash before my eyes, all the wet towels and the wet vac the carpet drying out over chairs and time. I think that anyone who was there can recall the scene rather well. Enough reminiscing!

Let's just say I'm grateful. The earth is now ready for the spring the trees are starting to bud, and the earth smells so good. The Kids were very wet from their walk home from school but all in all rainy days are just a fact of life and they won't last forever.

No comments: