Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 166 Ready Set Go

There are two things that always work me up into a state of panic.  You may ask why but I'm not sure, maybe a childhood thing, or a very bad experience, or a unfounded fear, but today I had to face them both, taking kids to the doctors and taking the van to the shop. I know that my blood pressure soars and my head hurts and my stomach gets butterflies every time either place is mentioned with my name in the same sentence.  I know it's crazy, but for me it's the way it is.

I took both of the boys in for their physicals for scout camp!  No big deal for them!  They are both healthy big tall strong young men.  Austin is 5'5" tall and weighs 164 lbs.  Willy is 6' tall and weighs 188lbs.  They have a clean bill of health and are able to go to scout camp and High Adventure on the 25th of June!!!!  I put on a smile and overcame the feeling of passing out after I had to remember their correct birth dates, phone numbers and the insurance card.

The van is in the shop and we will know more in the morning before we go to Lydia's appointment.  By the way my anxiety is not gone yet!  Maybe it will be tomorrow!

Bill and I test drove a couple of used cars tonight and talked about a plan in case the van repairs are more than we want to pay!  Luckily the van has been paid off for a few months.  But tomorrow is already bringing me anxiety another doctors appointment, the car shop and DC traffic.  I can do it, I can do it, I can do it says the old lady with unfounded fear.

No comments: