Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 172 Service

It seems that the opportunities to serve are not convenient but you know that no matter how frazzled you feel you know in your heart that it is the right thing to do.  Today I received a phone call from a sister asking if I could take her to a doctors appointment in Fairfax.  I didn't hesitate to say yes even though I needed to get Emily to her activity and to get the house and things ready for Lydia's overnight stay at the Hospital on Friday.  I just knew that I needed to help her.  I dropped Emily off early at a friends to get some things ready for camp and arrived at her home at 11:00 am drove her to her appointment.  Which she was so grateful for.  I waited and waited and waited.  As I waited I enjoyed reading a great book "Heaven is Here"  so the time was quiet and uninterrupted, which I don't get much of.  I returned home after dropping her off and retrieving Emily at about 3:00.  Not much time to get other things done before dinner, but I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve.  She was in so much pain and I was glad that I could help relieve some of her suffering.    I only tell this to say even when life is hectic and your schedule is all messed up and all you want to do are all the tasks on the to do list, remember that when service opportunities arise take it it will bless the person's life and give you a new perspective on your own, and possibly some uninterrupted reading time. 

No comments: