Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 161 Shoes

I'm hoping that my new running shoes will motivate me to run!   I am also hoping that Emily's and Jessica's new running shoes will motivate them to run with me!  Wow I am asking a lot of them because I am new to running! Emily has a running schedule to help take me from a beginner to a 5K runner hopefully by Fall so we can run in one before she goes off to college.   We went to the running store and each of us actually were measured and fitted for running shoes.  I haven't had that kind of service since Hudson Shoes in Burley when I was about 5.  They still actually have those foot measuring devices and they watch how you walk in your shoes. So after we purchased our shoes some of us tried them out at the battlefield.  We ran!  Can you believe it I even saw Bill Run!  We had family time walking and running in areas of the battlefield we had never been to. We looked at the confederate cemetery and an old house.  Later we checked for ticks and most of us found one.  This reminds me that we need to put bug spray in the car so that if on a whim we decide to go on a walk or hike we have the tick repellent!  Sure should have used it today!  We are learning that if we only have a few hours together on a Saturday we find something we can do together no matter how simple!

No comments: