Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 55 One on One Time with Dad!


Bill and Willy have been planning a backpacking camping overnighter for a couple of months and today they left to go to Sky Meadows State Park to enjoy some bonding time. There are some primitive camp sites they hike to, and then more hiking trails. One of the hiking trails meets up with the Appalachian trail (AT) and follows it for a few miles. Bill wants to hike on the AT to say that he has walked part of this long trail that goes from Georgia to Vermont. Something like 400 miles of the AT are in Virginia. Sadly it has rained today so the trails will be muddy but, just spending time together one on one will be awesome. I think that anytime a child can have uninterrupted time with a parent is eye opening for the parent and the child. I'm grateful that Bill and Willy have some time to spend together where they can both let down there guard and say or not say anything and they can just be two guys doing guy things. I hope they come back with some pictures to share.

Weigh in results
Lost this week 3.4 lbs
Total lost 19.8 lbs in 7 weeks
Almost lost my first 20 lbs. Just barely missed it. Next week I'll make it, however I'm doing my happy dance and Bill took me to lunch today. I'm beginning to make choices that I haven't been able to mentally make before like deciding my lunch was to big and throwing half of it away instead of eating it because I paid for it. This is a big step for me I don't have to eat everything on my plate. I can choose and no one is going to be mad. Just a few more pounds and I'll hit my 10% goal!

No comments: