Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12 Returns

Roxie and I spend a few minutes waiting enjoying the 70 degree weather. Waiting at the bus stop a daily occurrence, morning and afternoon. Roxie somehow senses the time of day and stands at the door and looks patiently at me while I grab a jacket. When I pull the leash out of the drawer she goes wild begging for me to put it on her. Roxie loves the walk and the other children love to pet her and walk her part way home. At first sight of the bus Roxie stands and patiently waits.
When Lydia gets off the bus she doesn't saunter over, or walk slowly, or walk at all. She runs at full speed from the door to curb, puts her arms out and hugs me tight. As she jets across the street I feel this rush of gratefulness that she is home again. Another day that she has safely found my arms. I feeling of relief over comes me after each of the children are home it's as if someone has borrowed them and now they are returned.



No comments: