Monday, April 11, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Austin and Lydia had their first swimming lessons today. They loved that I actually signed them up for an indoor center. Prior to today we had never been to the Freedom Center. Wow I have never seen so much water in one place. I know, call me sheltered. It's a great place. I'm planning on taking the kids there at least one day during Spring Break to swim and play. Lydia is in the 4-5 year old class. There are only two other girls in her class so a great teacher child ratio. She worked on putting her face underwater floating and kicking. She did a great job jumping in off the side of the pool! She can't wait to go again! Austin has only had lessons one other time when he was five, so he is still a beginner swimmer. He worked on the crawl stroke and kicking. There are only three others in his class. I am hoping I will be able to continue signing him up for lessons so that he can get his swimming finished for his first class scouting badge. This may take several times but I have faith that he can do it. He liked his class even though he thinks his teacher is a little weird.

No comments: