Thursday, April 14, 2011

Diabetes Campaign



This year I decided I would help out one cause that I feel strongly about. I decided to help out the American Diabetes neighborhood campaign, because of my brother. I know it's not much but I address envelopes to the people in my neighborhood asking for donations. They then mail back the donation or go online and give. I then send back the donations I recieve and add one of my own. It's a small thing but I can help in some small way.

My brother, Kaye Dean, has lived with Diabetes for over 40 years. He has struggled with his eye sight and has overcome amputations of toes. Infections on his feet have caused him much pain through out his adult life. He has pricked his fingers more times than I can count and has taken shots at least twice a day since he was 8 years old. He has been able to live a productive life and has a wonderful family, but I also know that there have been many things he has not been able to do because of the effects of Diabetes.

I encourage you to visit diabetes.org and give a donation to help find a cure for diabetes or visit me within the next 3 weeks and I will mail it with the other neighborhood donations.

Together we can find a cure. Please Give

No comments: