Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sandy has left our area



We made it through the night!  Everything around the house looks fine.  We lost some shingles and a few branches from one of the trees in the back yard  and a piece of the fence fell over.  There is no water in the basement and we didn't lose power at all.  I don't say this to brag or because I'm delighting in others tragedy, I only say it so that those out there who don't have a place with power or warmth or a place to cook can know that our house is you house.  Please come over!
  It is still raining, I guess sprinkling is a better word, and the wind has died down.  What a blessing for those trying to restore power to the millions of people without it.  We do have a lake of water in the backyard and a small river to the side, but over time it will dissipate.
  The children slept in the living room on the couches, a slumber party of sorts.  Roxie our dog hates storms so she kept me up most of the night trying to decide where to sleep in our room or with the kids.   Bill went to work bright and early this morning.  Like I said yesterday Micron doesn't shut down for anything and life continues on.  We are grateful that Micron keeps us going and that they are still up and running as usual.

  Well it's time for me to check on some friends.  I hope that all is well with them.  If not I hope they will join us in our home or we can help them in some other way.  We pray for all those who are still in the storm that they will be safe.  

1 comment:

Shannan said...

We are so glad you are safe. We prayed for family and friends in the areas hit!! A broken and a lot of water is easy to deal with, especially when you have power. Prayers were answered and you guys have been blessed. We in Idaho are thinking about you.