Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hurricane Sandy preperation

Wow I never thought I would have to prepare and then live through a Hurricane.  I think we are ready I will do a little more stuff tomorrow morning.  I think in some ways denial is what I am in even though I've checked the batteries and flashlights.  The boys have gone through the yard and moved items.  Willy brought in firewood and I have stocked the food, but the kids are going through it because of anxiety.  If there is any stuff left in the stores tomorrow I'll have to pick up a couple of cases of soda for Bill.  I just wanted you to know that we are as ready as we are going to be!  We will be having lots of wind and rain.  We are praying that if the electricity goes out that it won't be too long and that the basement wont flood.  The roof may fly away but as long as we all we make it without being hurt the rest can be fixed, mended or rebuilt.  I pray for our other ward members and want them to know that they are welcome to come on over and play some games and eat and get warm.  The kids are happy about a few other things that they do not have school tomorrow.  I know that it will all work out.  It may not work out the way we plan but it will work out.

No comments: