Thursday, September 20, 2012

Lunch with a Friend

Why do I take so long to invite a friend to lunch?  I'm just so glad that I went with Kelly today.  It was so nice to chat about kids and home and life.  I remember having lunch with my good friend Shannan way back and solving the worlds problems over lunch.  Now I can't say we solve problems but it feels so good to listen and be heard.  I sometimes I detach myself from others as a way to keep safe, from what I don't know but I don't like feeling vulnerable, but with Kelly I can open up and say what ever is on my mind.  I hold so much inside and forget how nice it feels to share and learn and help.  I think that I could value having girl time with other ladies too.  It probably would be good for my emotional well being if I had a better network of friends that I could help and they could help me.  As an introvert I find these words somewhat hard to believe but I realize that I need to share with others and I have something to give.  I am grateful for this light.  Anyone up for lunch? crocheting? Hiking? Exercising? Anything?

4 comments:

Denise said...

I'm always up for lunch Lauril. And you need to get a copy of that book daring greatly. I'm loving it!

melissa said...

sneaking my way back over here...

I think sometimes it's the adversary who tries to encourage us to isolate ourselves from one another... either by being too busy or a variety of other reasons... he knows the great strength and power that comes from the unity of Sisters and friends that he'll do anything to persuade us otherwise.

It's important though to not listen. And I know what a blessing good friendships are. And some of my best friendships have come from those Sister's in the gospel... and I need to do better at nurturing those relationships.

Thank you for sharing youe thoughts and these reminders. I certainly love you and your family and hold you in high respect and esteem.
~melissa

Shannan said...

I remember lunch! I miss those lunches. Wish you were closer so we could do it again!

Shannan

Shannan said...

I remember lunch! I miss those lunches. Wish you were closer so we could do it again!

Shannan