Saturday, September 29, 2012

Fat Pants to Quilting Squares

This past week I took out all the old jeans that I have out grown,  no not outgrown, became to skinny for and made a decision, to never ever be able to fit into them again.  I took all those old jeans and cut them into 8x8 squares to that I could make two quilts, one for Willy and one for Austin for Christmas.  I cut until my finger and hands were so sore.  There are 240 squares and pile is higher than my iron.  The majority of these squares came from my pants starting at size 22 all the way through to size 16  and through many years.  I remember cutting up, at least one pair that was ten years old.  I guess I am kind of a keeper of unimportant things.  Austin donated a few of his pants that have become too short and I even had a friend that donate some of her pants that she got too skinny for.   Now I'm going to cut 240 squares of fleece to make the back   They are going to be these super cool rag quilts.  This Christmas has a home made feel to it!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Yea for you! It makes the choice to never go back to that weight again more final, a real commitment. I am so proud of you. The journey is long and hard and you are doing so well on it!! Congratulations. I can't wait to see the finished quilts.