Saturday, May 7, 2011

Father and Sons

I love to hear about the adventures of boys. They are so full of crazy antics and jokes. I'm not that great at summarizing what I have been told or not exaggerating the parts that were best but here is my attempt at what happened at father and sons. The best part for me is that they came home happy.

Bill said that it was the best one with the best weather that he can remember. Austin had fun following around Ashton and when told how to cross the creek by a much younger Ashton, Austin fell in the creek and became totally soaked. Willy had a good time hanging out with Brother Gregory and the Ojo boys. The story goes that this group of boys loved Bill and kept asking him to tell more jokes until Bill didn't have any more to tell. (That must have been a million he always has a good one) Bill went on and on about what a great fireside that the priests had prepared. The young men and our two soon to go missionaries shared their testimonies about missionary work and about their conversion and helping others to find the gospel. They are amazing young men. One young man who has been a member for a couple of years talked about how he shared the gospel with his friend and was recently able to baptize him. Both are the only members in their families. I know that the spirit was felt because I felt it as Bill was telling me. I'm sure it was a great way to end the evening.

Austin and Willy slept around the campfire with Brother Parker. Bill tried to sleep in the tent, but found the ground rather hard to sleep on.

The boys all agreed it was the best ever. So glad!!

No comments: