Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Try Not to Over React!



I woke up think about how I had sent Jessica to the store last night and how the front wheel area of the car grazed the garage opening. The dent and the white scratch are a new look for the van. And the house needs a hammer to the trim. I know it can be a little tricky getting out of the garage when the suburban is parked to the side of the driveway. I know because I hit the suburban one time and have a damaged back bumper to prove it. I must say I was proud of Bill for not over reacting. Knowing us we'll keep the look on the van for a while.


This is the snow pile it's hard to tell but it is about as high as our mailbox

Bill loves to play in the snowbanks with his suburban. It's an ongoing adventure. You know that as long as there is an available snow pile to run into he's going to do it. There is a nice size snow pile in the culdesac in front of our house. at least twice a day he has to drive through it. This morning he informed me that he got high centered and it was hard to get our of. When Willy got home he told me that Dad was even worried for a little bit and that it felt like they were going to tip over. All I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't watching. I probably would of over reacted. I can't wait until all the snow has melted then I won't have to worry.



With Willy I am never sure what to expect when he comes through the door well today he came in with his black hood over his head, which is not that accepted among his peers, so I knew something was up. "Willy show me your face." " I'm going to go use the bathroom." "No show me you face." He preluded the unveiling with this story " I fell asleep in my English class and this girl wrote my name on my cheek in marker. The kids kept telling me there was something on my cheek so I asked the teacher if that was true. She said yes then she got mad and I stood up for the girl so she wouldn't get into trouble." Later he pronounced this as his good deed for the day. I tried not to over react by laughing. I think his peers got the better of him this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauril, thanks for the great blog. Emily, keep up the great scientific work you are doing. We are proud of you. The kite flying sound awesome and a great family funtime. Congratulations on a successful pinewood derby. Brings back lots of memories of when all of you were young.
I'm sorry your dad interfered with our telephone conversation. Such is life and he is so good most of the time. Jessica, what a great young lady to tudor others in need. We are looking forward to her coming out west next year. Love you all. Mom and Dad, the Burleyites.

Anonymous said...

Mom