Friday, February 11, 2011

Colors



Earlier in the week, I'm getting breakfast dishes on the table and Willy says to me Mom look out the front window. And of course in a mom doubting way I say why. In my mind I'm thinking I've got to hurry and get everyone off to school, can't this wait. He insists come on mom you've got to see this. He sprints into the office to retrieve the camera, and says mom you'll want a picture of this. "Oh great what has he done now." I trudge into the hallway and look outside the sky is lit up with this amazing color of pinks and reds and oranges. It's bright pink not just where the sun is peeking through on the eastern horizon. The whole sky is enveloped in the coloring of a beautiful new day. Willy snapped a few pictures. The beauty of the sky soon disappeared and I am glad a young man wanted to share the sunrise with his mother.

Later in the afternoon I had been doing laundry for the most part of the day I looked down at all the colors of the folded laundry and noticed the colors of many days. I know it's a little far fetched but the laundry, probably because it was done, and full of pinks reds, blacks oranges and blues reminded me of the sunrise earlier that day.

No comments: