Sunday, August 26, 2012

Summer projects


I love this color of lime green the black and grays calm it  
While The kids were home I couldn't pass up the opportunity to work on a few projects.  I'm not sure how the children feel about my painting  projects but I feel they are a way to update and beautify our home.  I have this mind set that projects are like puzzles lots of little pieces but when it's all completed its amazing.  One problem with this mindset is that I have a hard time thinking of anything else until its completed.
 The two big projects I worked on mainly with Jessica's help were painting and decorating the master bedroom and the kids bathroom.  Neither of which have been changed since we have moved here. There are tons of details and cleaning when it comes to a bathroom especially.
The bedroom still needs new flooring and some night stands.   I love the colors.  My favorite thing in my bedroom is the new headboard I made!  I also love the wainscoting on two walls it adds some nice texture!    I had a lot of fun adding vinyl messages to the walls.  They add a lot of character and interest to the rooms.



I love this Dr Seuss quote "We are all a little weird and life is a little weird and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."


Love the new headboard and quilt!

Willy and I cleaned and organized the garage.  It's so nice to be able to park the car in the garage!

No comments: