Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day

We had a wonderful Fourth of July.  We awoke late watched some movies, ate and prepared way too much food for our family and spent time just taking it easy.  We made this fun cake with totally festive colors and easy on the waist line.  We enjoyed watermelon and chicken Hot dogs.  We decided to enjoy the local fireworks just down the street by the high school.  It was a great show!  We loved being so close that we could feel the boom!  It was wonderful to spend the day together!  I can't help but take a trip down memory lane on a day like today. But ...... I miss the cousin get together at grandma Christenson's and LaVaughn's home.  We always had so much fun setting off the fireworks and eating all the wonderful food.  I wish there were some way to have the cousins get together and have fun watching and setting off fireworks and play and eat!  I guess we build different memories now but I am so grateful for all those crazy fun times with my cousins.

No comments: