Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ward Wonderings

I think that I will just ramble for a few minutes about life and what has been going on in the Ward house. The kids all finished school strong. With mostly A's and B's and a couple of C's. It was great to see the growth that comes with each passing school year.


Our first week of summer vacation was very eventful. Emily went to girls camp. She had the opportunity to be a youth camp leader this year so beginning in January she has been preparing for this week. She had so many things to bring it was amazing it didn't just take one car for her. The theme for camp was BELIEVE, and was centered around Christ beginning with his birth. So Christmas lights and decorations. She loved all of camp, she was so totally exhausted when she came home but so enjoyed the hard work and fun of leading a group of first years.








Along with girls camp Austin and Bill attended 11 year old encampment. Austin learned all about orienteering, lashing and cooking. Bill had a fun time with Bother Gregory helping the boys and keeping them focused. Bill learned a few things about his son Austin and gained a deeper understanding and love for Austin. They both came home happy and couldn't stop talking about all the things they did.








Lydia and Austin also had swimming lessons Monday- Thursday at 8:30 am. I watched Austin swim across and back several times. He has a good strong crawl and back stroke. He says he can't do sports, but I think that swimming is really his sport. Lydia is learning the swim strokes and has a way to go before she has them down, but she is improving everyday!



For me this week has been a little stressful. We started out the week with 3 shirt orders plus meetings and home teaching and I wasn't sure if I could pull it off. Well, I did learn it doesn't help to stress or have anxiety attacks over it. But I did work hard making screens and begging and pleading Willy to help me print. With a few late nights we were able to pull it off and complete the orders!!!



On Tuesday we were invited to visit with the our Stake President. I always get this weird feeling inside when this happens we try to figure out why or what calling could it possibly be. It's just interesting that as you ponder that the answer comes quietly, not exactly what the calling is but the peace enters your heart and you know that Lord has prepared you over a life time for whatever service He will ask you to preform. Bill was sustained on Sunday to be the second councilor in the bishopric. Unfortunately that will mean no more seminary at our home and Bill wanted so much to teach the Old Testament, but he loves to serve in whatever calling he is asked. I know the Lord will sustain and help him as he works in the bishopric, and He will help me at home and with my calling. I pray for His guidance as we all try to do the Lords work.



Bill and I enjoyed talking to our parents this week. We are so excited to have Bill's parents come and visit at the end of July!!! I can't wait! I hope to get the family room painted and office cleaned out. Loved hearing my mom's voice and hearing how everyone is doing in Idaho.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how our kids grow up often in spite of us! You are doing a great job with your family. Miss having you here. We should meet on facebook to chat sometimes.

Shannan