Friday, June 3, 2011

On Ward, One Step at a Time

So it has been very busy around here with graduation around the corner, summer, and all the camps and activities the kids are involved in, and me with lack of motivation to keep every thing done.
It seems as if everything is falling apart around the house and I am trying to keep my head above water. Let's see on Wednesday I put the first of 5 loads in the washing machine and shut the lid and the washer started just fine. Then opened the lid one more time to put in a sock shut the lid and no more sound of the swishing clothes. Oh boy what is a girl to do without a washing machine? When Bill came home he took a look at the machine and thinks it's the switch so he orders the part which will take 5 days to get here. We are hoping this will solve the problem. If not I guess it will be time for a new washer. A while back it was the dryer what a string of having to replace appliances. So off to the Laundry mat to wash the clothes. I was surprised that to only wash 4 loads it cost almost 10$. So of course I brought them home to dry in my own dryer.

Also we lost shingles on the back of our house and it looks like we are in need of a new roof. With all this rain I am hoping that is all we are in need of. These are the things that are urgent. We do have carpet that needs replaced and the wood that goes under the carpeting replaced. Also I know we are trying to get a daughter off to college. Bill reminds me one thing at a time.

We had two shirt orders we had to get out this week and We had problems with the film on the screens getting exposed by a ghost that wouldn't admit to turning on the lights in the dark room. It just seemed that neither of these orders were going to get finished. We ordered the shirts to be delivered and we had to change the order to be picked up it just seemed that we couldn't get it together. But it was amazing the last part the printing went smoother and better than it had ever gone before. We keep tossing around the idea of not making shirts as a business and then something comes around and you think I really can use that money and it is a great side business that is creatively full filling. The orders did get finished and all else went smoothly.
However I tend to get ahead of myself and try to jam everything into one day. With that feeling I tend to get a feeling of being overwhelmed. Then all I want to do is forget everything, right when I need to concentrate on the most important urgent things. It's like shut down occurs at the most stressful time and I just want to curl up in ball and wait until it passes by. I usually make it through if I make a list so I can find the starting point. It's the sorting of which is most important that's hard but once I can get the to do's on a list I can do them it's when they are jumbled that it sends me for a nose dive.
So for right now It's one day at a time. No it's one action item at a time. Plus trying to get as much family time in as possible. I can do hard things just not all at once. I try to smile and keep going. The first step is the hardest and it get easier the more steps I take.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I think overwhelmed is another word for LIFE...at least for me! (Lafe manages to handle everything just fine!)I get overwhelmed easily but at least I have good reasons for being overwhelmed--my children. I know the feeling of wanting to just curl up in a ball. Fortunately or unfortunately some days, my kids won't let me. Sorry so much needs done! Let's just say it, "It really stinks." Love ya'!