Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, New Goals and Old Goals


This past few weeks have had time for some serious reflection about this past year, but it has also made me in-vision what the next 12 months will look like.  I want a better me, better relationships with people and with my Heavenly Father.

As I watched the video above I thought that this blog could help me as a way to share and a reason for me to look for how the hand of God reaches out to touch me and my family.  Because I am sure that Heavenly Father has some personal messages he will want to send to me to guide my life and my family.  I think this will help me to bring more meaning to my blog rather than just talk about what happened during the day, though it may contain some day to day experiences.  This is Goal #1 for the new year.
   ( I did write a little over 200 entries in 2012. Not a perfect record but much of the past year is recorded)

My Simple Stories about My Simple Life will be the title of my personal history.  I have been wondering what is the most valuable thing I can do in the area of my family history?  I feel it would be to write about my life.  The other day I heard a song called "I Was Here"    As the artist sang,  pictures of  people in different situations, ages and places panned on huge screens.  As I viewed this I saw in my mind the people who had touched my life and who's life I had touched.  It was so inspiring.  I need to let others know I was here by telling the little stories that make up my life, the ordinary, my fears, my joys, my silliness,  The things, the places and happenings that will let others know I was here.


Me Jan 2012
Me Dec 2012
At the beginning of 2012 this is how I looked.  I can see that I have changed and I am stronger and healthier so I choose to continue on with this goal.   In 2012 I moved from being extremely obese into only overweight.  In 2013 I want to move from the overweight category to the healthy range.

I have one more goal that will make me stretch so far beyond where I am comfortable that I am not sure that I can share it without feeling embarrassed that I have taken so long to decide to change in this area.  I am going to learn how to be more social.  I am not comfortable in social situations.  I much prefer to be home,  But I have this feeling that I am taking the easy road.  That I have more to learn from others and that I need to be able to carry on conversations with those I may not know.  I struggle so much with this that I have written very specific things to do, but I do not list them here.  I may share some of my accomplishments here, but they will be personal triumphs no matter how small they may seem to others.   This goal is to help me feel more comfortable in social situations no matter how big or small the crowd, or who is at the gathering.

Well there you have it!  My 2013 will be Exciting, Joyful and Full of Growth,  Stay tuned to see how the Lord touches my life daily.

No comments: