Thursday, July 18, 2013

Trek

Here comes Willy!!! Trek is calling his name.  I think Willy is game for all types of activities and I think Willy would have made a great pioneer.  I think of all the types of youth conferences trek is the most difficult one to send your youth on.  I don't know if it's the heat or the hard work or the opportunities that Willy might have to stand up and deliver that makes me consider what he knows and what he will do .  Oh I know that he will be awesome but, it makes you wonder if each of us could of done what was done for us by our pioneer forefathers.
 I think about what the pioneers did and how the Lord used their experiences to help them turn to him.  He knows that when we are at the lowest or at the most difficult moment that we turn to Him with the most desire, need, want, and at that moment we are most willing to give Him everything, our heart soul, and actions.  I think that at that moment we let the spirit in and we connect with heaven in a way that speaks loudly to our heart.  The experience of trek is planned so that each participant can feel and connect with the spirit so they can receive the message Heavenly Father has for them.  So I pray for Willy and the other youth of our stake that each of them with there individual challenges and spiritual journeys that they will connect with heaven and feel the fire of the covenant and truly live.

1 comment:

melissa said...

Lauril, I am just amazed by you and the love and care and tenderness you have for your children and family. I too have thought a lot recently about those who have come before us and the sacrifices they made... and how it is our turn now to do our part in the Lord's work. Our sacrifices on the outside may be different... but from within it is that same broken heart and contrite spirit with the willingness to do all that the Lord commands. Anyway... I hope trek was a great experience and I hope the youth and leaders make sure to document it well so that they have that reminder to turn back to when needed.

oh and great picture too!
~melissa